The Management of the United Winemaking Agricultural Cooperative of Samos (UWC SAMOS) has developed its Policy for the Safety of its products based on the production of high quality products using effective production methods and controls to fully cover, on the one hand, the existing legislation and, on the other hand, the requirements of its customers.
The United Winemaking Agricultural Cooperative of Samos (UWC SAMOS) through the Policy for the quality & safety of its products is committed to:
- Producing products that cover the current legislation
- Carrying out all the necessary checks for the quality & safety of the products
- The constant effort for improvement, both in terms of facilities and equipment and in terms of staff training
- The continuous coverage of the existing legislation regarding the building facilities and the equipment of the Cooperative
- The disposal of the necessary resources for the continuous maintenance and hygiene of the installation and its equipment
- Covering the legal provisions that govern the staff of the Cooperative
- Continuous monitoring of staff hygiene
- Covering all legal provisions regarding the operation of the Cooperative
- The development of conditions of mutual trust and cooperation with its suppliers
- The execution of services at the desired time and with full coverage of the requirements of its customers
- The effective treatment and satisfaction of the existing and foreseen needs of education, training and specialization of the employees in the Cooperative.
- The disposal of the necessary resources for the maintenance and improvement of the efficiency of the Cooperative Security System.
- The constant monitoring of the developments of its branch and its participation in them
- The continuous monitoring of the application ISO 22000: 2018 & ISO 9001:2015 and the continuous effort to improve it
- Setting Security objectives the achievement of which is reviewed at regular intervals by the Management of the Cooperative (review).
- The protection of the environment and the implementation of a responsible environmental policy.
- Protecting employees and customers in the event of a health crisis (such as COVID-19)
The tool through which the Cooperative implements, controls and updates, whenever required, its Product quality & safety Policy is the ISO 22000: 2018 & ISO 9001:2015 system that it has developed and implements.
The validity and recognition of the system is achieved through its certification by an Independent Certification Body according to the ISO 22000: 2018 & ISO 9001:2015 standards.
For the implementation of the Policy for the quality & safety of its products, the Cooperative has developed long-term collaborations with specialized partners with the aim of continuously implementing the procedures of the ISO 22000: 2018 & ISO 9001:2015 systems.
Created by: foodstandard Approved by: Ioannis Skoutas